What a colorful way to eat pasta! Make it even healthier by using whole wheat pasta.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 C. (8 oz./225 g) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 C. arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 3/4 C. Pesto Vinaigrette (see recipe for Spinach Pesto Salad)
- 600 g pasta
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat; add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. If your pan is large enough, now add the zucchini and mushrooms and continue cooking until the zucchini are tender. If you only have a small pan, it’s better to transfer the peppers into a bowl and have enough room in your pan to cook the zucchini and mushrooms.
3. Add arugula or spinach and cook just until wilted.
4. Combine all vegetables together; add heavy cream and heat through.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return the pasta to the hot pot. Toss in the cooked vegetable mixture and reserved 3/4 C. Pesto Vinaigrette.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com