Pasta with Sautéed Vegetables
What a colorful way to eat pasta! Make it even healthier by using whole wheat pasta.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 C. (8 oz./225 g) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 C. arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- 3/4 C. Pesto Vinaigrette (see recipe for Spinach Pesto Salad)
- 600 g pasta
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat; add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. If your pan is large enough, now add the zucchini and mushrooms and continue cooking until the zucchini are tender. If you only have a small pan, it’s better to transfer the peppers into a bowl and have enough room in your pan to cook the zucchini and mushrooms.
3. Add arugula or spinach and cook just until wilted.
4. Combine all vegetables together; add heavy cream and heat through.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return the pasta to the hot pot. Toss in the cooked vegetable mixture and reserved 3/4 C. Pesto Vinaigrette.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
26 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
05 September, 2017
29 August, 2017
22 August, 2017
15 August, 2017
08 August, 2017
01 August, 2017
25 July, 2017