Sweet & Sour Cabbage
A nice tangy dish with a touch of sweetness. It may seem like a lot of cabbage, but will reduce by about fifty percent during cooking.
Yield: serves 8
- 8 oz. (200 g) bacon, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10-12 C. thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 T. mustard
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C. (60 g) sugar
- 1/4 C. (65 ml) honey
1. In a large skillet, brown the bacon over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and continue cooking until onion is translu- cent.
2. Add half the cabbage and sauté until reduced in volume. Add the remaining cabbage and sauté 2-3 minutes more.
3. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, sugar, and honey. Pour over cabbage; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer until liquid is absorbed or evaporated.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017
02 November, 2017
01 November, 2017