This is a lovely soup for a ladies’ luncheon . . . but men love it too! It can be served hot or cold.
Yield: serves 8
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 2 T. butter
- 4 C. sliced, chopped beets (canned or pre-cooked)
- 4 C. peeled, chopped potatoes (raw)
- 6 C. (1.5 liters) vegetable broth
- 1 C. (250 ml) milk or cream
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in melted butter until tender and translucent.
2. Add the beets, potatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
3. Purée the entire mixture in either a food processor or blender. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your machine.
4. Blend in the milk or cream and either reheat at serving time, or chill completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com