The various hues of green make this a beautiful salad. As a base, use the salad greens, but all of the other ingredients
Yield: serves 8
- 8-10 C. mixed salad greens
- 1-2 C. basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1-2 C. fresh or frozen green beans, steamed until tender
- 1 C. chopped celery
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 C. pitted green olives
- 1 jar or can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2/3 C. (160 ml) olive oil
- 3 T. lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs or
- 1/4 C. fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, sage, parsley)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar and shake well. If using fresh herbs, you may prefer to combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor rather than chop them by hand.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle vinaigrette over salad greens and toss.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com