Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
I am constantly amazed at the Italians ability to make full-flavored dishes with the simplest of ingredients — such as these cherry tomatoes.
Yield: serves 8
- 1/3 C. (75 g) butter
- 1/4 C. (65 ml) olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. (1 kilo) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 lbs (600-700 g) pasta, any shape
1. Sauté the onion in butter and olive oil over low heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half (or quarters if they’re large) and add them to the pan. Add the salt and basil and sauté for about 20 min- utes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cumin and lemon juice; stir to combine flavors.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot; add the sauce and mix well. Serve into individual pasta bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
25 September, 2018
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018