Parmesan Crisps with Red Onion Chutney
I cut out these light crisps into hearts for the wedding, but any shape could work. You might consider using a shape in keeping with the season (leaves for the fall, eggs for Easter, trees for Christmas, snowflakes in the winter, etc.).
Yield: serves 12+
- 1 C. (40 g) grated Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C. (185 g) flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. In a medium bowl, cream the butter well. Combine and add the Parmesan, flour, salt, and pepper in several small batches until smooth.
2. Roll out dough and cut into shapes; place on cookie sheets and chill for 30 minutes before baking. Or, if you prefer, roll the mixture into a log, wrap in plastic wrap; when chilled completely cut into 1/4” slices and lay on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they are lightly browned; they won’t be crisp if they’re underbaked.
- 3 C. chopped red onions (3-4 large)
- 3/4 C. (185 g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 C. (185 ml) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
1. Combine all ingredients except the thyme in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes until the onions are tender and liquid is nearly evaporated.
3. Stir in thyme and allow to cool completely. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
19 June, 2018
12 June, 2018
05 June, 2018
29 May, 2018
22 May, 2018
15 May, 2018
08 May, 2018
01 May, 2018
27 April, 2018
27 April, 2018