Coconut Lime Cookies
With a touch of lime, these cookies offer a wonderful accompaniment to the fruit salad.
Yield: 20-25 cookies
- 1/2 C.(115 g) butter (softened)
- 1/2 C.(125 g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lime
- 1 C. (125 g) flour plus 2 T.
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 C. (200 g) dried, grated coconut (divided)
1. Cream the butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl or processor. Add the zest of the lime and 2 tsp. of lime juice.
2. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until smooth. If batter seems too soft, add 1-2 T. more flour.
3. Fold in 1 C. of the coconut.
4. Place the remaining 1 C. coconut in a pie plate or pasta bowl.
5. Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm.) balls. Roll the balls in the extra coconut and place on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375° F (190° C) for 10 minutes or until the coconut coating looks toasted and the cookies are firm.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
03 April, 2018
27 March, 2018
20 March, 2018
13 March, 2018
06 March, 2018
27 February, 2018
20 February, 2018
13 February, 2018