Coconut Lime Cookies
With a touch of lime, these cookies offer a wonderful accompaniment to the fruit salad.
Yield: 20-25 cookies
- 1/2 C.(115 g) butter (softened)
- 1/2 C.(125 g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lime
- 1 C. (125 g) flour plus 2 T.
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 C. (200 g) dried, grated coconut (divided)
1. Cream the butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl or processor. Add the zest of the lime and 2 tsp. of lime juice.
2. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until smooth. If batter seems too soft, add 1-2 T. more flour.
3. Fold in 1 C. of the coconut.
4. Place the remaining 1 C. coconut in a pie plate or pasta bowl.
5. Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm.) balls. Roll the balls in the extra coconut and place on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375° F (190° C) for 10 minutes or until the coconut coating looks toasted and the cookies are firm.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018
17 July, 2018
15 July, 2018
14 July, 2018
13 July, 2018
13 July, 2018