Egg Drop Pea Soup
My Chinese friend, Ruth Fung, who with her husband serve as missionaries in Europe, shared this recipe with me at a cooking demonstration at Black Forest Academy. The use of oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce give the soup a very authentic flavor.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 C. (2 liters) chicken broth
- 1 C. (140 g) frozen peas
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 oz. (200 g) ground pork or chicken
- 1 T. oil
Flavorings: soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil Optional garnish: green onions
1. Marinate meat with flavorings (about 2 tsp. of each) for 20-30 minutes.
2. Brown the meat in 1 T. oil in a skillet, breaking it up into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Bring soup stock to boil. Add pork and peas; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add beaten egg, stirring quickly.
4. Garnish with green onions if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018
17 July, 2018
15 July, 2018
14 July, 2018
13 July, 2018
13 July, 2018