Egg Drop Pea Soup
My Chinese friend, Ruth Fung, who with her husband serve as missionaries in Europe, shared this recipe with me at a cooking demonstration at Black Forest Academy. The use of oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce give the soup a very authentic flavor.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 C. (2 liters) chicken broth
- 1 C. (140 g) frozen peas
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 oz. (200 g) ground pork or chicken
- 1 T. oil
Flavorings: soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil Optional garnish: green onions
1. Marinate meat with flavorings (about 2 tsp. of each) for 20-30 minutes.
2. Brown the meat in 1 T. oil in a skillet, breaking it up into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Bring soup stock to boil. Add pork and peas; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add beaten egg, stirring quickly.
4. Garnish with green onions if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017
02 November, 2017
01 November, 2017