Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Muffins
The name says it all!
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 C. (8 oz./200 g) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tsp. instant coffee dissolved in 1-2 tsp. hot water 1/2 C. (100 g) powdered sugar
- 2/3 C. (150 g) butter
- 1 C. (250 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 C. (375 g) flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 C. (250 ml) milk
- 1 (4 oz./100 g) chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- Cream together the mascarpone, dissolved coffee, and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Mix and add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk, mixing just until smooth; don’t over mix.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins halfway with muffin batter. Put in a few chocolate chunks and a heaping teaspoon of the mascarpone mixture.
- Fill the muffin cups to the top with batter. Top with another heaping teaspoon of mascarpone.
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) 25-30 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before removing from pans.
Streusel Topping: Sprinkle with streusel topping before baking: 1/4 C. flour, 2 T. sugar, 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder. Cut in 1/4 C.(55 g) butter.
Fun at the Bottom: Sprinkle 1 tsp. each of dried coconut and finely chopped walnuts into the bottom of the cup before adding the batter.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
03 April, 2018
27 March, 2018
20 March, 2018
13 March, 2018
06 March, 2018
27 February, 2018
20 February, 2018
13 February, 2018