Fudge & Nut Pie
Patti Hite, a dear friend — and wonderful caterer — from Chattanooga, Tennessee shared this deep, dark chocolate recipe with me. Yummy and easy!
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 pastry crust
- 1 1/2 C. (375 g) sugar
- 3/4 C. (115 g) butter, melted
- 1/3 C. (2.5 oz./60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 C. (45 g) flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 C. (200-400 g) walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1-2 C. sweetened whipped cream (300-400 g heavy cream whipped with 2 T. sugar)
1. Make or purchase a pastry crust. Roll out and line a 10-inch (25 cm.) pie plate, crimping the edges to fit.
2. Combine all ingredients, except the pastry and nuts, in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into the unbaked pastry crust, placing the nuts in the bottom first, if you choose that option.
4. Bake at 425° F (220° C) for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat and finish baking it at 325° F (165° C) for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Garnish with whipped cream — you need the cream to off-set the very rich pie.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
03 April, 2018
27 March, 2018
20 March, 2018
13 March, 2018
06 March, 2018
27 February, 2018
20 February, 2018
13 February, 2018