Fudge & Nut Pie
Patti Hite, a dear friend — and wonderful caterer — from Chattanooga, Tennessee shared this deep, dark chocolate recipe with me. Yummy and easy!
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 pastry crust
- 1 1/2 C. (375 g) sugar
- 3/4 C. (115 g) butter, melted
- 1/3 C. (2.5 oz./60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 C. (45 g) flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 C. (200-400 g) walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1-2 C. sweetened whipped cream (300-400 g heavy cream whipped with 2 T. sugar)
1. Make or purchase a pastry crust. Roll out and line a 10-inch (25 cm.) pie plate, crimping the edges to fit.
2. Combine all ingredients, except the pastry and nuts, in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into the unbaked pastry crust, placing the nuts in the bottom first, if you choose that option.
4. Bake at 425° F (220° C) for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat and finish baking it at 325° F (165° C) for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Garnish with whipped cream — you need the cream to off-set the very rich pie.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018
17 July, 2018
15 July, 2018
14 July, 2018
13 July, 2018
13 July, 2018