Baked Chicken with Crispy-Nutty Crust
The yogurt coating keeps the chicken breast moist, while the nuts and bread crumbs give it a crispy crust. If you prefer, you can use skinless chicken thighs instead of cutlets. Allow 2 thighs per person and bake for 40-50 minutes depending on the size.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. salt or garlic salt
- 2 C. (500 ml) plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1 C. (100 g) finely chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, or pecans)
- 1 1/2 C. (225 g) seasoned dry bread crumbs or crushed corn
- 8 chicken cutlets
1. Place egg whites and salt in a pie plate or pasta bowl; beat with a fork. Add yogurt and stir gently to combine well.
2. Combine chopped nuts and seasoned crumbs in a separate dish.
3. Grease a large casserole dish with olive oil or butter.
4. Butterfly cutlets or pound them flat. Dip each cutlet first in the yogurt mixture and then in the crumb mixture. Lay the prepared
cutlets in a single layer in the oiled casserole dish.
5. Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017
02 November, 2017
01 November, 2017