Ice Cream Crumble
A cool summer dessert with a crunchy crust. I love the fact that I can make it well ahead of serving time and leftovers can be saved in the freezer for my next guests.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 3/4 C. (210 g) flour
- 1 C. (250 g) brown sugar
- 1 C. (100 g) oatmeal
- 1 C. (230 g) butter, melted
- 1 C. (200 g) chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 1 1/2 C. (375 ml) ice cream topping (chocolate, caramel . . .)
- Softened ice cream (approximately 1/2 gallon/2 liters)
1. Mix together the crust ingredients and pat onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 15 min. Break into pieces with a spatula and bake 5 min. more until crunchy. Cool completely.
2. Sprinkle half of the crumbs into a 9×13-inch (23X33 cm.) pan. Spoon half of the ice cream topping over the crumbs. Press the softened ice cream on top, then sprinkle with remaining crumbs and remaining sauce. Freeze overnight.
3. Cut into squares to serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
25 September, 2018
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018