Rice & Spinach Salad
Marybeth Podmaska, who I mention in the introduction of this book, hosts friends and family with grace and warmth. She shared this recipe with me. Great to serve something different from your traditional side dish of potato or pasta salad.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 C. (450 g) rice cooked in 3 C. (375 ml) salted water for 20 minutes
- 1/3 C. (80 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 C. (65 ml) red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1/2 C. (125 g) sugar
- 2 C. fresh spinach leaves or arugula, torn into small pieces
- 1 1/2 C. celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 C. sliced green onions or minced red onion
- 3/4 C. (25 g) crisp crumbled bacon
1. Transfer cooked rice to serving bowl. Cool slightly.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir into warm rice. Cover and chill.
3. Fold in remaining ingredients before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
03 October, 2017
26 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
05 September, 2017
29 August, 2017
22 August, 2017
15 August, 2017