A simple, delicious summer salad from the same area of Italy as the Island of Capri. Use only the freshest possible ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes and young basil leaves.
Yield: 8 servings
- 4-6 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 12 oz. (350 g) fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 2-3 T. good quality, virgin olive oil
- 2 T. freshly chopped basil leaves
- coarse salt
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange alternately on a platter.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and chopped basil leaves. Sprinkle with with coarse salt. Some like to add a splash of balsamic vinegar as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com