A simple, delicious summer salad from the same area of Italy as the Island of Capri. Use only the freshest possible ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes and young basil leaves.
Yield: 8 servings
- 4-6 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 12 oz. (350 g) fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 2-3 T. good quality, virgin olive oil
- 2 T. freshly chopped basil leaves
- coarse salt
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange alternately on a platter.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and chopped basil leaves. Sprinkle with with coarse salt. Some like to add a splash of balsamic vinegar as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018