My cousin, Nate, is a fabulous gourmet cook! I wish we saw each other more often to exchange recipes. He made this delightful soup for a progressive supper for 70 relatives—I made sure I got this one!
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 T. butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 large carrots (2 lb./1 kg) peeled and chopped
- 4 C. (1 liter) chicken stock
- 1 C. (250 ml) orange juice
- salt and pepper
- grated orange peel (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in melted butter.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender.
- Add carrots and stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender (20-30 minutes).
- Pour the soup through a strainer.
- Blend or process the solids with some of the liquids in a food processor or blender. (You can reserve some carrot slices for finished soup.)
- Return puree and stock to pot and add orange juice.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and zest.
- Heat through and serve.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com