My cousin, Nate, is a fabulous gourmet cook! I wish we saw each other more often to exchange recipes. He made this delightful soup for a progressive supper for 70 relatives—I made sure I got this one!
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 T. butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 large carrots (2 lb./1 kg) peeled and chopped
- 4 C. (1 liter) chicken stock
- 1 C. (250 ml) orange juice
- salt and pepper
- grated orange peel (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in melted butter.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender.
- Add carrots and stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender (20-30 minutes).
- Pour the soup through a strainer.
- Blend or process the solids with some of the liquids in a food processor or blender. (You can reserve some carrot slices for finished soup.)
- Return puree and stock to pot and add orange juice.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and zest.
- Heat through and serve.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017