I made many batches of this when Andrea and Nathan were small. I added food coloring to make it interesting; they played with it by the hour! They would often make up plates of pretend food to serve Dad! Thanks, Maria Barner, for a practical, money-saving recipe! Store in empty margarine tubs or tightly sealed plastic bags.
- 2 1/2 C. (300 g) flour
- 1/2 C. (150 g) salt
- 1 T. alum (found with spices at supermarkets; serves as a preservative – if unavailable, you can make it without this but it won’t keep as long)
- 2 T. oil
- 1 1/2 C. (375 ml) boiling water
- Combine the flour, salt, and alum in food processor or medium-sized bowl.
- Add oil and boiling water all at one time.
- Mix well.
- Knead in food coloring, if desired.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com