I made many batches of this when Andrea and Nathan were small. I added food coloring to make it interesting; they played with it by the hour! They would often make up plates of pretend food to serve Dad! Thanks, Maria Barner, for a practical, money-saving recipe! Store in empty margarine tubs or tightly sealed plastic bags.
- 2 1/2 C. (300 g) flour
- 1/2 C. (150 g) salt
- 1 T. alum (found with spices at supermarkets; serves as a preservative – if unavailable, you can make it without this but it won’t keep as long)
- 2 T. oil
- 1 1/2 C. (375 ml) boiling water
- Combine the flour, salt, and alum in food processor or medium-sized bowl.
- Add oil and boiling water all at one time.
- Mix well.
- Knead in food coloring, if desired.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018