Simple, Sweet Scones
Posted on: May 08, 2015 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: akirapro from iStock
These scones are crisp outside with a moist center.
Yield: Serves 8 large scones
- 3 3/4 C. (450 g) flour
- 1 1/2 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. heaping (100 g) sugar
- 3/4 C. (170 g) butter
- 1 C (250 ml) milk
- In a food processor or large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until the mixture forms a ball in a food processor or knead briefly on a floured board if mixing by hand.
- Pat into a 10-inch (25 cm) circle. ( I do this on a lightly floured dinner plate for easier clean up.)
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes at 400° F (200° C).
- If they are placed on the cookie sheet touching each other, the edges will be soft; if they are separated, the edges will be crunchy.
- Soak 1 C. (200 g) apricot halves in warm water to soften them.
- Drain and pat dry on a paper towel; chop fine.
- Knead into the dough before shaping and cutting.
- Omit the sugar.
- Add 1/2 C. (60 g) grated cheese and/or 1/2 tsp. basil, dill, and caraway seeds.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
16 October, 2018
09 October, 2018
02 October, 2018
25 September, 2018
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018