Cannellini Hummus with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Posted on: March 20, 2015 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: 2 servings; can easily be doubled
- 1/2 C. sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (about 15, depending on size)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 C. (60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 T. olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1 C. cannellini beans (half of a 15 oz./400 g can)
- Red pepper flakes, if you like it spicy
- 6 oz. (175 g) whole wheat pasta
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil. (If you only have dried sun-dried tomatoes, pour boiling water over them and let them set for at least one hour. Drain and use like that, adding a bit more olive oil to the mixture to compensate for less oil.)
- Process the tomatoes with the garlic. Add the Parmesan, olive oil and cannellini beans, as well as the red pepper flakes if desired. Do not add salt since sun-dried tomatoes are usually very salty. The mixture will be fairly thick.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, use some of the pasta water to thin the sauce to a desired consistency.
- Drain the pasta. Add the drained pasta and the thinned sauce into the hot pan and stir to coat.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
26 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
05 September, 2017
29 August, 2017
22 August, 2017
15 August, 2017
08 August, 2017
01 August, 2017
25 July, 2017