- 4 C flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C warm milk
- 1/3 C (75 g) butter
- ½ C sugar
- 2.5 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C sugar
- ¼-1/3 C (55-75 g) butter, soft
- 2 ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2/3 C (150 g) cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp butter, soft
- 1/8 tsp salt
1. Dissolve yeast in milk in a large bowl. Let rest for a few minutes. Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour. Mix well.
2. Knead dough into a large ball. Put in bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
3. Roll dough out until ¼ inch thick.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Make filling by combining sugar and cinnamon.
6. Spread butter on dough, using enough to completely cover it. Sprinkle sugar mixture on top of butter.
7. Roll dough into a log. Cut into 15-16 rolls. (Tip: Use dental floss to make clean cuts that don’t smash the rolls).
8. Arrange in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Optional: Let rise for 30 more minutes before baking.
10. To make icing: Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt. If the cream cheese and butter are soft enough, they will blend nicely even without a mixer.
11. Spread icing on rolls after they have cooled for several minutes.