Belgian Chocolate Tart Recipe
Posted on: September 05, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 C. chocolate cookies crumbs
- 1/4 C. (55 g) butter, melted
- 1/4 C. (50 g) sugar
- 1 1/4 C. (300 ml) heavy cream
- 9 oz. (250 g) good quality, dark (bittersweet) chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. heavy cream
- 2 oz. (50 g) good quality, dark (bittersweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp. light corn syrup (optional)
- 1 T. warm water
Combine the crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan or springform pan. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil; pour it over the chopped chocolate (or add the chopped chocolate to your pan) and let set for 5 minutes. Gently stir until the mixture is smooth and uniform in color. ]
- Whisk two eggs and the salt together and stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is a bit shaky.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil; remove from heat and add the finely chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add the corn syrup (optional) and the warm water.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled tart, rotating the tart to spread out the glaze evenly.
- Chill completely before serving.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
19 June, 2018
12 June, 2018
05 June, 2018
29 May, 2018
22 May, 2018
15 May, 2018
08 May, 2018
01 May, 2018
27 April, 2018
27 April, 2018