Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 C. chocolate cookies crumbs
- 1/4 C. (55 g) butter, melted
- 1/4 C. (50 g) sugar
- 1 1/4 C. (300 ml) heavy cream
- 9 oz. (250 g) good quality, dark (bittersweet) chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. heavy cream
- 2 oz. (50 g) good quality, dark (bittersweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp. light corn syrup (optional)
- 1 T. warm water
Combine the crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan or springform pan. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil; pour it over the chopped chocolate (or add the chopped chocolate to your pan) and let set for 5 minutes. Gently stir until the mixture is smooth and uniform in color. ]
- Whisk two eggs and the salt together and stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is a bit shaky.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil; remove from heat and add the finely chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add the corn syrup (optional) and the warm water.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled tart, rotating the tart to spread out the glaze evenly.
- Chill completely before serving.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com