Posted on: July 25, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: Makes 2 C.
- 1/4 C. sesame seeds
- 2 C. (1 can) chickpeas or cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-4 T. lemon juice
- 4 T. olive oil
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan until golden brown. Toasting them gives the hummus a deeper flavor, however, they burn easily so watch them closely.
- Cool the browned seeds slightly and then process them in a food processor or blender until they are finely ground.
- Add the beans, garlic, lemon juice and 2 T. olive oil. Process. Add remaining olive oil if it seems too dry. If, after adding all of it you feel it is still too dry, add 1-2 T. water. There is some variation here depending on how soft and moist the beans are.
- Process until smooth. Serve with vegetables, pita bread or crackers.
Herbed Hummus. A small bunch of basil, parsley and/or spinach will turn the hummus a lovely, light green and give it a fresh flavor. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Add some finely chopped roasted red peppers for even more flavor and color.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018