Artichoke & Roasted Pepper Soup
This Artichoke and Roasted Pepper Soup is something a little “outside the box”. It’s light and it’s different. I usually roast my own peppers, or pull some out of the freezer, but you can also purchase jars of roasted red peppers in many stores these days. The artichokes can be canned or frozen. You’ll want to use the plain ones, not those that are marinated (which are usually in jars).
Yield: Serves 8
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. (60 g) flour
- 10 C. (2 1/2 liters) chicken broth
- 1/2 C. (50-60 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped (not marinated) or 1 1/2 C. frozen artichoke hearts (thawed)
- 1 C. roasted red pepper, chopped
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic in melted butter until tender.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth. Add the broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add feta, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and roasted peppers and heat through.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
03 October, 2017
26 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
05 September, 2017
29 August, 2017
22 August, 2017
15 August, 2017