Artichoke & Roasted Pepper Soup
This Artichoke and Roasted Pepper Soup is something a little “outside the box”. It’s light and it’s different. I usually roast my own peppers, or pull some out of the freezer, but you can also purchase jars of roasted red peppers in many stores these days. The artichokes can be canned or frozen. You’ll want to use the plain ones, not those that are marinated (which are usually in jars).
Yield: Serves 8
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. (60 g) flour
- 10 C. (2 1/2 liters) chicken broth
- 1/2 C. (50-60 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped (not marinated) or 1 1/2 C. frozen artichoke hearts (thawed)
- 1 C. roasted red pepper, chopped
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic in melted butter until tender.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth. Add the broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add feta, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and roasted peppers and heat through.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018