Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 C. quinoa cooked in 2 C. of water or broth
- 1 1/2 C. pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 C diced red onion
- 1/4 C finely chopped cilantro or mint
Sweet Curry Vinaigrette
- 3 T. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 T. white vinegar (apple cider, white wine, or rice vinegar)
- 2 T.. honey
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- At least an hour before preparing this dish, cook the quinoa in the water/broth for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar and whisk/shake vigorously until completely combined. Set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients and toss together. Add about half of the dressing and fold together until well mixed. Check the flavors and add more dressing if needed. If desired, you can chill the dish before serving, or serve at room temperature. As with pasta or rice salad, the quinoa will absorb some of the dressing when as it sits. I like to add more of the dressing just before serving to moisten it all. Serve on a bed of salad greens, or with a side salad.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com