- 1 (8 oz./200 g) pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. (100 g)) sour cream
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce or Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt (some sun-dried tomatoes are very salty; so add according to taste)
- 1/4 C. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (approximately 8 tomatoes)
Gently cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco or Red Hot and salt. Add the finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes Serve at room temperature.
1. Basil Bites: use either the above dip recipe, or cream together 4 oz./100 g of cream cheese with about 6 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Add a little mayonnaise or sour cream to soften the mixture. Place a small amount of the mixture on a large basil leaf and roll it up.
2. Cherry Tomato Bites: use either the above dip recipe, or cream together 4 oz./100 g of cream cheese with about 6 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Add a little mayonnaise or sour cream to soften the mixture. Place mixture in a small plastic bag and press it into a corner; snip off the corner of the bag and squeeze the dip into cherry tomatoes cut into quarters, being careful to not cut all the way through the tomato.
3. For a quick and easy variation, spread softened cream cheese on crackers and top with several slivers of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com