Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Yield: About 1 cup
- 1 (8 oz./200 g) pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. (100 g)) sour cream
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce or Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt (some sun-dried tomatoes are very salty; so add according to taste)
- 1/4 C. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (approximately 8 tomatoes)
Gently cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco or Red Hot and salt. Add the finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes Serve at room temperature.
1. Basil Bites: use either the above dip recipe, or cream together 4 oz./100 g of cream cheese with about 6 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Add a little mayonnaise or sour cream to soften the mixture. Place a small amount of the mixture on a large basil leaf and roll it up.
2. Cherry Tomato Bites: use either the above dip recipe, or cream together 4 oz./100 g of cream cheese with about 6 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Add a little mayonnaise or sour cream to soften the mixture. Place mixture in a small plastic bag and press it into a corner; snip off the corner of the bag and squeeze the dip into cherry tomatoes cut into quarters, being careful to not cut all the way through the tomato.
3. For a quick and easy variation, spread softened cream cheese on crackers and top with several slivers of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018