Posted on: August 22, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: 1 medium loaf
You’ll love this moist, lemon bread. The glaze on top makes it! I usually double the recipe and bake two while the oven is on. This way I have a loaf to share with someone else–or freeze for later.
- 6 T. (85 g) soft butter
- 1 C. (250 g) sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) milk
- 1 1/2 C. (185 g) flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 lemon (zest and juice separately)
- 1/2 C. (125 g) sugar
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat again until smooth. Stir in the zest of the lemon.
- Combine and add the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X4-inch (20X10 cm) loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 350° F (180° C).
- As soon as you take it from the oven, pour the following glaze over the hot bread (while still in the pan): 1/2 C. (125 g) sugar combined with the juice of the lemon
- Remove from the pan when completely cool.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
23 January, 2018
16 January, 2018
10 January, 2018
02 January, 2018
26 December, 2017
19 December, 2017
12 December, 2017
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017