- 6 T. (85 g) soft butter
- 1 C. (250 g) sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) milk
- 1 1/2 C. (185 g) flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 lemon (zest and juice separately)
- 1/2 C. (125 g) sugar
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat again until smooth. Stir in the zest of the lemon.
- Combine and add the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X4-inch (20X10 cm) loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 350° F (180° C).
- As soon as you take it from the oven, pour the following glaze over the hot bread (while still in the pan): 1/2 C. (125 g) sugar combined with the juice of the lemon
- Remove from the pan when completely cool.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com