- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken or vegetable broth (or equivalent water/bouillon)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large or two small skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces or 1/2 C. (85 g) quinoa
- 1 cup (100 g) smooth almond butter
- 2 large handfuls dark green leafy vegetables, coarsely chopped or 10 oz. (300 g) frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lime, optional
- Combine the broth, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a medium-sized pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the diced chicken, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the greens and fresh ginger to the soup and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, process the almonds until they are a very finely powder. Stir the finely ground almonds into the soup, bring to a boil, and serve. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime if you’d like.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com