Chicken Almond and Sweet Potato Soup
Posted on: August 08, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken or vegetable broth (or equivalent water/bouillon)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large or two small skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces or 1/2 C. (85 g) quinoa
- 1 cup (100 g) smooth almond butter
- 2 large handfuls dark green leafy vegetables, coarsely chopped or 10 oz. (300 g) frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lime, optional
- Combine the broth, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a medium-sized pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the diced chicken, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the greens and fresh ginger to the soup and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, process the almonds until they are a very finely powder. Stir the finely ground almonds into the soup, bring to a boil, and serve. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime if you’d like.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018