Moist Chocolate Cake With Fudge Frosting
Posted on: April 04, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: Serves 15
Moist Chocolate Cake
- 3 C. (375 g) flour
- 2 C. (500 g) sugar (you can cut this back
- to 1 Â½ C. if you prefer things less sweet)
- 1/2 C. (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 C. (150 ml) oil
- 2 C. (500 ml) water
- Combine all ingredients and beat only until there are no more lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X13-inch (23X33 cm), two 8-inch (20 cm) or 9-inch (23 cm) pans, or cupcake tins.
- Bake 25-35 minutes at 350° F (180° C) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn upside down on a wire cooling rack and remove from pan(s), if desired. Or allow to cool and frost right in the pan.
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 4 C. (320 g) powdered sugar (if you don’t have any, make your own by putting 1 C. at a time in a blender or food processor)
- 1 C. (80 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 T. hot water or strong coffee (You can add 3-4 tsp.of instant decaffeinated coffee powder to the hot water; it helps cut the sweetness and gives a mocha flavor.)
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa.
- Add 4 T. hot water or coffee, then the remaining 2 T., one at a time, as needed, until smooth and soft enough to spread.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018