Tortellini & Roasted Vegetable Salad
Posted on: March 28, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: Serves 6-10, depending on whether you use 1 or 2 packages of tortellini
- 6-8 cups of vegetables for roasting: mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, onion, green beans, asparagus
- 3-4 T. olive oil
- 1-2 (9 oz./250 g) packages tortellini
- 6 C. (1.5 liters) torn leaf lettuce
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternately you can chop all the dressing ingredients very fine and combine in a jar; shake well.
- Cut vegetables into uniform sizes, and drizzle with olive oil. Put softer vegetables, such as zucchini and mushrooms, on one baking sheet and vegetables that require longer roasting time, such as peppers, onions, eggplant on another. Lining the baking sheet with parchment helps with clean up but isn’t necessary. Sprinkle with salt and roast at 425° F (230° C) for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Toss tortellini and vegetables with dressing.
- Place torn lettuce in serving bowl, or on individual serving plates. Top with tortellini/vegetable mixture. Best served at room temperature.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
12 June, 2018
05 June, 2018
29 May, 2018
22 May, 2018
15 May, 2018
08 May, 2018
01 May, 2018
27 April, 2018
27 April, 2018
26 April, 2018