Yield: Serves 3-4
- 1 lb./500 g fresh green beans
- 2-3 T. olive oil
Optional ingredients for variations:
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus/olive oil/salt
- Fresh cherry tomatoes/olive oil/salt
- Toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- Working with small bunches of beans, cut off the ends, leaving the little curly “tip end” on. If you prefer–or if your beans are a bit larger and older–steam them for a few minutes in an inch of water before roasting. Also, if you have small children, you may prefer to cut your beans into 2-inch/5 cm pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over them, and toss them so they are well coated.
- Lay the beans out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Parchment paper makes clean-up easier but isn’t necessary. Shake some salt over the beans and put them into a 400Â° F/200Â° C oven for about 20 minutes. The size and quantity of the beans will vary the oven time. They don’t have to be served piping hot but are good even at room temperature. Stir them once or twice during the roasting time. Change from top to bottom shelf in the oven if necessary.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com