This is not Hot Chocolate out of a box. This is luscious, rich Belgian hot chocolate. Just use good-quality chocolate and you can make it wherever you live–even if you don’t live in Belgium.
Yield: 1 mug; can easily be doubled or tripled…
- 2 oz./55 g good quality semisweet chocolate–at least 66% cocoa
- 1/3 C. (80 g) low fat milk
- 2 tsp./10 g sugar
- Add the sugar to the lowfat milk. Heat just until the boiling point over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the roughly chopped chocolate, cover and set aside.
- After 5-10 minutes, stir gently until uniform in color.
- Reheat to the boiling point and serve. Garnish as desired with: marshmallows, whipped cream, instant coffee, peppermint, Bailey’s, cinnamon, etc.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com