Homemade Hot Chocolate
This is not Hot Chocolate out of a box. This is luscious, rich Belgian hot chocolate. Just use good-quality chocolate and you can make it wherever you live–even if you don’t live in Belgium.
Yield: 1 mug; can easily be doubled or tripled…
- 2 oz./55 g good quality semisweet chocolate–at least 66% cocoa
- 1/3 C. (80 g) low fat milk
- 2 tsp./10 g sugar
- Add the sugar to the lowfat milk. Heat just until the boiling point over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the roughly chopped chocolate, cover and set aside.
- After 5-10 minutes, stir gently until uniform in color.
- Reheat to the boiling point and serve. Garnish as desired with: marshmallows, whipped cream, instant coffee, peppermint, Bailey’s, cinnamon, etc.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
17 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
03 October, 2017
26 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
05 September, 2017
29 August, 2017
22 August, 2017
15 August, 2017