Posted on: January 03, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
These crispy cheese pastries have an olive hidden inside. They can be shaped into a simple ball around the olive.
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, softened
- 2 C. (250 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of paprika, optional
- 1 C. (125 g) flour
- Black or green olives, pitted
- Cream butter in a bowl or food processor.
- Add cheese, salt and paprika and blend, then add the flour. Work into a smooth dough but don’t overwork it.
- Chill slightly if the dough is too soft to handle. Then shape some dough around each olive. Place on baking sheet and chill before baking.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- May be made one day ahead. Warm in the oven if desired, or if you want to crisp them up.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018