Posted on: January 03, 2014 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
These crispy cheese pastries have an olive hidden inside. They can be shaped into a simple ball around the olive.
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, softened
- 2 C. (250 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of paprika, optional
- 1 C. (125 g) flour
- Black or green olives, pitted
- Cream butter in a bowl or food processor.
- Add cheese, salt and paprika and blend, then add the flour. Work into a smooth dough but don’t overwork it.
- Chill slightly if the dough is too soft to handle. Then shape some dough around each olive. Place on baking sheet and chill before baking.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- May be made one day ahead. Warm in the oven if desired, or if you want to crisp them up.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017