These crispy cheese pastries have an olive hidden inside. They can be shaped into a simple ball around the olive.
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, softened
- 2 C. (250 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of paprika, optional
- 1 C. (125 g) flour
- Black or green olives, pitted
- Cream butter in a bowl or food processor.
- Add cheese, salt and paprika and blend, then add the flour. Work into a smooth dough but don’t overwork it.
- Chill slightly if the dough is too soft to handle. Then shape some dough around each olive. Place on baking sheet and chill before baking.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- May be made one day ahead. Warm in the oven if desired, or if you want to crisp them up.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com