Creamy Parmesan Polenta
Polenta is really a palette on which to use your imagination! Often it is enjoyed with just cheese stirred into it, such as this recipe for Parmesan Polenta. Gorgonzola is another favorite cheese/polenta combination. Or, try topping it with beef stew, ratatouille, sauteed spinach and pine nuts, or a simple meat sauce.
Yield: Serves 8; can easily be halved to serve 4
- 8 C. (2 liters) boiling water or broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 C. (310 g) polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 C. (40 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 T. (55 g) butter
- Bring water/broth to a boil. Add salt.
- Pour the dry polenta into the water in a steady stream. If you stir polenta constantly, you will avoid having lumps.
- Cook, still stirring constantly, until the polenta thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and butter. Cover and set aside until the butter melts, about 2 minutes. Stir again before serving
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018
18 July, 2018