Creamy Parmesan Polenta
Polenta is really a palette on which to use your imagination! Often it is enjoyed with just cheese stirred into it, such as this recipe for Parmesan Polenta. Gorgonzola is another favorite cheese/polenta combination. Or, try topping it with beef stew, ratatouille, sauteed spinach and pine nuts, or a simple meat sauce.
Yield: Serves 8; can easily be halved to serve 4
- 8 C. (2 liters) boiling water or broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 C. (310 g) polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 C. (40 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 T. (55 g) butter
- Bring water/broth to a boil. Add salt.
- Pour the dry polenta into the water in a steady stream. If you stir polenta constantly, you will avoid having lumps.
- Cook, still stirring constantly, until the polenta thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and butter. Cover and set aside until the butter melts, about 2 minutes. Stir again before serving
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
12 December, 2017
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017