Creamy Parmesan Polenta
Polenta is really a palette on which to use your imagination! Often it is enjoyed with just cheese stirred into it, such as this recipe for Parmesan Polenta. Gorgonzola is another favorite cheese/polenta combination. Or, try topping it with beef stew, ratatouille, sauteed spinach and pine nuts, or a simple meat sauce.
Yield: Serves 8; can easily be halved to serve 4
- 8 C. (2 liters) boiling water or broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 C. (310 g) polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 C. (40 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 T. (55 g) butter
- Bring water/broth to a boil. Add salt.
- Pour the dry polenta into the water in a steady stream. If you stir polenta constantly, you will avoid having lumps.
- Cook, still stirring constantly, until the polenta thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and butter. Cover and set aside until the butter melts, about 2 minutes. Stir again before serving
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018