Posted on: November 29, 2013 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) whole milk
- 4 oz./100 g finely chopped or ground dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 C. (250 ml) hot espresso or very dark, strong hot coffee
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- For the chocolate: Heat milk and cream slowly over low heat, stirring frequently until steaming, being careful not to scorch it.
- Add the chopped chocolate, vanilla, and salt to the steaming milk. Stir constantly over heat until it begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the drink immediately: In a 6-8 oz. glass or cup, layer equal amount of espresso/coffee (1/4 C.) and chocolate (1/4 C.).
- Top with cold whipped cream and serve immediately.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017
14 November, 2017
07 November, 2017
06 November, 2017
05 November, 2017
04 November, 2017
03 November, 2017