Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) whole milk
- 4 oz./100 g finely chopped or ground dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 C. (250 ml) hot espresso or very dark, strong hot coffee
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- For the chocolate: Heat milk and cream slowly over low heat, stirring frequently until steaming, being careful not to scorch it.
- Add the chopped chocolate, vanilla, and salt to the steaming milk. Stir constantly over heat until it begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the drink immediately: In a 6-8 oz. glass or cup, layer equal amount of espresso/coffee (1/4 C.) and chocolate (1/4 C.).
- Top with cold whipped cream and serve immediately.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive