Yield: Serves 8-10
- 8 C. baking apples (approximately 8 apples), sliced 3/8-in. (1.5 cm) thick
- 2/3 C. (150 g) sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 unbaked 10-inch (25 cm) pastry crusts
- Combine all ingredients except the crust and mix well.
- Pour into prepared unbaked pastry crust. Top with another layer of pastry crust. Pinch edges together; trim and crimp. Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar if desired. Cut a few slits in the top of the crust to vent steam.
- Bake 450° F (230° C) for 15 minutes; lower temperature to 350° F (180° C) and bake 30 minutes more or until crust is lightly browned.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive