Yield: About 2 quarts/liters
- 3/4 C. roughly chopped fresh ginger (do not need to peel it)
- 3/4 C. (185 ml) honey
- 3/4 C. (185 g) sugar
- 2 C. (500 ml) water (divided)
- 3-4 lemons (for 2 T. zest and 1/3 C./80 ml juice)
- 1 1/4 C. (300 ml) orange juice
- 1-2 oranges (for 2 T. zest)
- 4 C. (1 liter) sparkling water
- Optional garnish: 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Combine the chopped ginger, honey, sugar, and 1 C. water in a saucepan. Heat just to boiling to dissolve the sugar.
- Grate 2 T. each of lemon and orange zest. Add to mixture.
- Squeeze 1/3 C. lemon juice from lemons. Add to mixture along with orange juice and remaining 1 C. water.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 days, or freeze for use later.
- To serve, pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher. If you’d like to garnish the drink, thinly slice 1 lemon and 1 orange and add to pitcher along with the sparkling water. Serve over ice.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive.