Looks like a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, doesn’t it? Very easy to make. No oven…it’s just a matter of mixing together a chocolate mixture and then folding in some whipped cream.
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 C. (125 ml) heavy cream (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 4 tsp. sugar (divided)
- dash salt
- 2 oz. (50 g) dark chocolate, finely chopped (or 1/4-1/3 C. chocolate chips)
- 2 T. Irish Cream or Amaretto
- Heat 1/4 C. heavy cream just to the boiling point–in the microwave or on top of the stove.
- Add the coffee granules, 2 tsp. sugar, dash of salt and the finely chopped chocolate. Cover and set aside for about 1 minute until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth and add the liquor.
- Whip the remaining 3/4 C. heavy cream in a chilled bowl, adding the 2 remaining tsp. of sugar as you whip it. Set aside about 1/2 C. for garnish.
- Fold 1/3 of the remaining whipped cream into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Once it is uniform in color, fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon into small coffee cups (it’s sinfully rich!) or custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a chocolate covered espresso bean, shavings of chocolate or a free-form decoration.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive.