Chocolate Irish Coffee Mousse for Two
Posted on: August 16, 2013 Written by Debbie Peck
Photography by: Debbie Peck
Looks like a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, doesn’t it? Very easy to make. No oven…it’s just a matter of mixing together a chocolate mixture and then folding in some whipped cream.
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 C. (125 ml) heavy cream (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 4 tsp. sugar (divided)
- dash salt
- 2 oz. (50 g) dark chocolate, finely chopped (or 1/4-1/3 C. chocolate chips)
- 2 T. Irish Cream or Amaretto
- Heat 1/4 C. heavy cream just to the boiling point–in the microwave or on top of the stove.
- Add the coffee granules, 2 tsp. sugar, dash of salt and the finely chopped chocolate. Cover and set aside for about 1 minute until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth and add the liquor.
- Whip the remaining 3/4 C. heavy cream in a chilled bowl, adding the 2 remaining tsp. of sugar as you whip it. Set aside about 1/2 C. for garnish.
- Fold 1/3 of the remaining whipped cream into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Once it is uniform in color, fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon into small coffee cups (it’s sinfully rich!) or custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a chocolate covered espresso bean, shavings of chocolate or a free-form decoration.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive.
About the authorView all articles by: Debbie Peck
16 January, 2018
10 January, 2018
02 January, 2018
26 December, 2017
19 December, 2017
12 December, 2017
05 December, 2017
28 November, 2017
21 November, 2017
20 November, 2017