Mix up the dough for these yummy dinner rolls the night before…and enjoy fresh rolls with your dinner the following day!
Yield: 24 rolls
- 1 C. (250 ml) warm water
- 1 T. yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. (75 g) sugar
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 C. (500 g) flour
- 1/4 C. (55 g) butter, softened
1. Combine water, yeast and 1 tsp. sugar.
2. In another bowl beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar, melted butter and 1 tsp. salt. Combine the two mixtures.
3. Add half the flour; beat well. Knead in the remaining flour.
4. Cover. Chill overnight.
5. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 10-inch (25 cm) circle.
6. Brush with remaining melted butter. Cut each circle into 12 triangles. Roll up, starting with the big end.
7. Place on a greased cookie sheet; Bake at 375° F (190° C) for 15-20 minutes. You can bake them immediately, without waiting for them to rise again.
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
© 2013 Thrive.