Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:21-23).
For the next thirty days, we have the privilege of praying for the furlough retreat. Thrive will be hosting for forty-six North American women who serve cross-culturally in twenty-five countries. The retreat will be held at The Charter in Beaver Creek, Colorado July 12-16. Thrive hopes to provide encouragement to attendees to persevere in their ministries through spiritual, physical, and emotional refreshment at the retreat.
With Your help, we will do that by
- Reminding women of their true identity as beloved daughters of the King
- Providing spiritual refreshment through fellowship, study of the Word, intercession, and rest
- Demonstrating Your lavish love by showering the women with gifts, beauty treatments, healthy physical touch, fun, and laughter
- Creating a safe environment through a warm welcome, assimilation, a haven environment, listening, and counseling
- Facilitating connection in the context of small groups, multi-organization interactions, and time with others who “get their life”
We commit the retreat and these goals to You, Father. Please help each one who is coming to the retreat with the refreshment they need.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.