Day 1 | 30 Days of Prayer | Colorado
Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:21-23).
For the next thirty days, we have the privilege of praying for the furlough retreat. Thrive will be hosting for forty-six North American women who serve cross-culturally in twenty-five countries. The retreat will be held at The Charter in Beaver Creek, Colorado July 12-16. Thrive hopes to provide encouragement to attendees to persevere in their ministries through spiritual, physical, and emotional refreshment at the retreat.
With Your help, we will do that by
- Reminding women of their true identity as beloved daughters of the King
- Providing spiritual refreshment through fellowship, study of the Word, intercession, and rest
- Demonstrating Your lavish love by showering the women with gifts, beauty treatments, healthy physical touch, fun, and laughter
- Creating a safe environment through a warm welcome, assimilation, a haven environment, listening, and counseling
- Facilitating connection in the context of small groups, multi-organization interactions, and time with others who “get their life”
We commit the retreat and these goals to You, Father. Please help each one who is coming to the retreat with the refreshment they need.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
About the author
Linda Swanson serves with Paraclete as a member care provider, retreat speaker and spiritual director. She comes alongside global workers to help them be effective in life and ministry. Via Skype, Linda provides spiritual direction for global workers. With her husband, Kevin, Linda served for 28 years with MAF, both overseas as a pilot/mechanic family and at headquarters in administration and member care. During eight of those years, she helped direct Fairhaven Ministries, a retreat center for clergy and global workers. Now, Linda lives in Englewood, New Jersey where her husband is a pastor with the Evangelical Covenant Church. Their two children are married and they have two grandsons.View all articles by: Linda Swanson
17 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
03 April, 2018
27 March, 2018
20 March, 2018
13 March, 2018
06 March, 2018
27 February, 2018
20 February, 2018
13 February, 2018