Global Woman Highlight | Bonnie Clowers
My name is Bonnie Clowers and I have had the privilege of serving globally for nearly 20 years. We have the privilege of serving in 7 countries (Belize, Cuba, the D.R., Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Guyana). We live in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. My responsibilities include managing a child sponsorship program, fund raising for our 21 schools in 3 countries, teaching in our Bible schools, hosting teams and training global worker interns. Our life is very full and rewarding. At the heart of everything we do is to share the truth of Jesus Christ and his amazing love for people. Our hope is to be an influence on a generation that will become a greater influence in their countries.
God is doing amazing things throughout the Caribbean. In the past 10 years we have seen a shift in our young people. They are attaining degrees while focusing on serving God. In the past, many wouldn’t have finished high school much less college. Another exciting aspect is the growth in our churches. The 240 churches that we serve are self supportive and governing. God has blessed us with good pastors and leaders who have global perspective. We are sending missionaries now to other parts of the world. With all of our big dreams for the Caribbean we focus on the individual.
I want to share a story of a sweet little girl in our school in Jamaica. She asked me, “Do you have a dad?” And I responded “yes, but he lives in heaven.” And her eyes got really big and she said, “mine does too and I miss him every day.” It was my privilege that day to introduce her to a Heavenly Father that would never leave nor abandon her. God calls us to be his arms of love.
I am mother and we have 1 daughter and 2 sons and I am Nana to 3 precious granddaughters. We are a close family. Our children grew up on the field and they are proud of our lives and currently live in North Carolina. Their support of our calling is treasured. However, it is very difficult to live away from them for them and us.
- Protection and health for us, our family, and our ministry.
- Opportunities to make an eternal difference
- Creative solutions for problems like poverty and other issues that affect the Caribbean. (Trafficking, drugs, HIV, gangs, etc.)
- I miss our children and granddaughters. The pain of being away from them runs deep.
- My mom has stage 3 renal failure and she is the only parent that we have left.
- We are starting a nonprofit that will focus on redemptive community development.
- My husband suffered a heart attack in the past few years.
- I had 2 biopsies last July. They came back clear, it just was a scary time.
- Sometimes the needs of our people is overwhelming.
Your prayers mean so much to me!
You are deeply valued, Bonnie
About the authorView all articles by: Bonnie Clowers
17 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
03 April, 2018
27 March, 2018
20 March, 2018
13 March, 2018
06 March, 2018
27 February, 2018
20 February, 2018
13 February, 2018