Global Woman Highlight | Mary Jo
I am Mary Jo Cooke, married for 35 years. I was adopted into God’s family by grace and faith when I was 9 years old. I am an MK, my parents were Lamar and Betsy Tribble, global workers in Chile and in Bolivia. My husband and I have served in Santiago, Chile since 1983 under appointment by the International Mission Board, SBC.
- I work in evangelism and discipleship, mostly among women.
- I lead two neighborhood Bible study groups for women.
- I teach a quilting class in a women’s prison where I am able to share a short devotional weekly. I use crafts as a means of meeting women.
- I started a children’s English Bible club in our condominium. It is a challenge for me to work with young children. However, I discovered that they are the only neighbors I see out regularly, so I am building relationships with their families through this weekly activity.
- I also minister in local churches, when invited, to encourage them to reach out to their neighbors and friends.
We hope to start a church here in the near future.
Please pray for bold humility. This may sound contradictory but are actually the qualities I need to have to share the Gospel effectively. Relating to other women on a personal level comes to me naturally. I ask for prayer for these relationships to be bridges for the Gospel.
About the authorView all articles by: Mary Jo
22 January, 2019
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018