Global Woman Highlight | Maria Ayala
My name is Maria Ayala and my husband and I serve with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Lima, Peru. We initially trained as literacy specialists, arrived in Peru in 1996, and worked with the Wanca Quechua speakers in Huancayo to promote literacy and the use of the Scriptures, which were translated and dedicated in 2006. We then moved to the capital, Lima, for the education of our children, who are now 21, 17, and 15. My husband now works in leader development, and I help as his assistant for various events, encouraging the Bible translation movement from Latin America. The most exciting thing we have done is teach multi-cultural team building to young Latin Americans training for Bible translation. Here we get to share from our own experiences to help prepare them for what may lie ahead in their future ministries.
Please pray for good time management as I am involved in various aspects of our international church, including music ministry, teach EFL to parents at our kids’ school, and various home and mission-related tasks. Specifically:
- to see fruit in the lives of my EFL students, and wisdom as I weave in Bible study with English language learning. Most are not believers.
- for my kids:
- my oldest is finishing her second year in college. Please pray for provision of scholarships to pay for her schooling, and for good job during the school year to help her cover her expenses, as well a good summer job.
- my second is finishing high school. Please pray for guidance in college decisions, financial provision for it, and for a good summer job.
- my youngest is finishing 9th grade, needs help focusing and having self-discipline. Please pray for wisdom for something useful for him to do over the July school break.
- for all my kids to follow the Lord with all of their hearts and love Him first and foremost.
- For wisdom and discernment for me as I seem to always be trying to balance the varied things that I do with time to “be.”
- that I would see the Lord work in some areas for which I have been praying for a long time.
About the author
Maria and her husband work with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Peru. They first worked as Literacy Specialists among the Wanca Quechua speakers, and now work in Leader Development to help build up the Bible Translation Movement in Latin America. They have 3 children on earth, 2 of whom are in college in the US. Maria also finds joy in teaching English and being involved in music at their international church.View all articles by: Maria Ayala
25 September, 2018
18 September, 2018
11 September, 2018
04 September, 2018
28 August, 2018
21 August, 2018
14 August, 2018
07 August, 2018
31 July, 2018
24 July, 2018