Global Woman Highlight | Alicia Macedo
I am Alicia Bausch Macedo, and have been working with WEC International in Brazil since 1985. I am married to Joseph Macedo and have three grown children, Rebeca (married to Stephen), Jon, and Raphael. We have one wonderful grandson, Nathaniel. We currently live in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, a city of 5 million, though I am a country girl at heart.
My husband and I served as directors of the WEC Brasil Missionary Training College for 12 years and then as directors of WEC Brazil for 9 years. We are currently working with missionary member care with our mission and also on a national level with the Brazilian Association of Cross Cultural Missions (AMTB).
My work focuses on Brazilian MKs and their families. In 2007 WEC Brazil founded FLECHAS, the first MK ministry in Brazil. In 2009 we began working with AMTB and have developed the MK ministry on a national level through PHILHOS. I have written a book in Portuguese on families in transition (Estamos de Mudança) and edited 3 other books on MKs. We are continually seeking to develop more resources in Portuguese for the Brazilian cross-cultural worker community and have a number of projects going on. At the moment we are working together with other agencies and individuals to develop educational resources in Portuguese for Brazilian MKs on the field. We also organize a Brazilian MK encounters once a year for MKs 16 and older. In 2013 we had our 4th MK Encounter and next year we hope to hold two encounters in different regions of the country.
We would appreciate prayer for:
- a logo for the national MK ministry, PHILHOS. This has been in the process for a while and we need to finalize it soon.
- the 2014 MK Encounter at the end of July. Pray for all the preparation involved and for finances to rent the retreat center. We always try to keep costs to the cross-cultural worker families to a bare minimum. Pray for the speakers to have God’s anointing. Pray for the MKs who will participate.
- MK Education projects: homeschooling is not legal in Brazil and consequently there are no homeschool materials in Portuguese. We have two major projects in the works. One is to have a Christian school receive accreditation for Distance Learning and the other is a supplementation package for Portuguese, Brazilian Geography and History for MKs who study in other educational systems that don’t include these subjects that they will need upon their return to Brazil.
- a literature project for our WEC Brazil families on the field. We wish to send a package to all our families with books for both parents and children.
- renovations we need to have done on our house. Pray for good and honest workers and sufficient resources.
- wisdom and discernment
- health and safety
- inspiration as we develop these and other resources for the MKs and their families
- key people to work with us
About the authorView all articles by: Alicia Macedo
15 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
01 January, 2019
25 December, 2018
18 December, 2018
11 December, 2018
04 December, 2018
27 November, 2018
20 November, 2018
20 November, 2018