Sage Smashed Potatoes
You can use any pesto you’d like in these delicious potatoes. I’ve chosen sage since it goes so well with the baked chicken in this menu.
Yield: serves 8
- 3 lbs. (1.5 kg) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 2 heaping T. sage pesto
- 1/2 C. (115 g) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 C. (250 ml) milk
1. Boil potatoes with fresh sage leaves in salted water until tender.
2. In a separate saucepan, heat the milk and butter so that when you add it to the potatoes they stay hot.
3. Drain the cooked potatoes, add the pesto, warm butter, and milk and mash the mixture with a fork or hand-held masher.
4. Add some additional milk if you want the potatoes creamier.
- 1 C. fresh sage leaves (pack lightly in measuring cup — or 3-4 handfuls)
- 3/4 C. fresh parsley
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/4 C. (50 g) pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 C. (20 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C. (125 ml) olive oil
Place sage, parsley, garlic, nuts, and cheese in food processor. While processing, pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Process until the consistency of creamed butter. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for later use.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might want to purchase the PDF version of Debbie’s cookbook Around Our Table, a great way to keep your recipes handy no matter where you are in the world. For more information, go to http://ciaofromdebbie.com/cookbooks/
For additional recipes, please visit: http://ciaofromdebbie.com
21 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
14 March, 2017
13 March, 2017
07 March, 2017
06 March, 2017
03 March, 2017
28 February, 2017
27 February, 2017
26 February, 2017